2/01/2013

Super Bowl: What to and not eat to stick to your New Year's resoultion!


Dips, Chips, Wings, OH MY! It's almost super bowl time!
The Super bowl is coming up and I thought I would do a verison of Eat this, Not that.
My dad is a football coach and we always go all out for the super bowl and make all kinds of yummy food and you just keeping snacking on and snacking on, Nachos, Chicken Wings, and then you would eat a couple of burgers and eat even more of those finger foods but even without you noticing it, you have eat THOUSANDS of calories. My whole family is on a weight loss journey and we like to snack and we don't want to be eating a rice cake and cheering on a team or laughing at all the funny comericals on so I thought I would find stuff we could make and share it with you all! I hope you enjoy these and I hope you have an awesome super bowl Sunday!

                                                                      Chicken Wings:
   I love spicy food and who doesn't like chicken? So chicken wings are perfect for a finger food but if you are anything like me, you think chicken is good for you, I can eat as many as these as I want!
Wrong!

 10 Chicken Wings at Hooters are: 1,732 calories



                                                                          OR




Pretzel Crisps!
110 calories for 10? Holy Buffalo Wing!
If you are looking for a spicy/buffalo style taste, then this is it
But if you also want the protein, you can grill your own chicken wings and put Frank's Red Hot on it.
The sauce is no calories and you don't need them deep fired  
 
OR
This I think I might actually make for an appetizer, These look awesome!
 
 
What else do you think of when you think Appetizers? I got chicken wings and potato skins covered.
Oh, Nachos and Dips!
 
The Chips and Salsa you get at Applebee's are awesome and every time we go and get them
I think this has changed my mind..

Applebee's Chips and Salsa is 990 calories and 53 grams of FAT!

 
OR
 
 
24 for 140 calories? I can totally live with that!
These are the chips I buy at my house and 24 of those are plenty for me.
Salsa is usually 10 calories for 2 Tbps and Greek Yogurt has lots of protein.
Greek Yogurt is rather bitter and taste more like sour cream.
So if you take Salsa and Greek Yogurt, Tada. You made a dip.
 

Spinach and Artichoke Dip:

 
and I saw this recipe online and I'm not a big fan of Spinach and Artichoke Dip but my mom loves it!
 
I hope you enjoy this! (:
 
Now I'm going to tell you one of my weakness. It is two words.
Jalapeno poppers!  
I would give up my unborn child before I would give up some of those.
The only thing that gives them a bad name is deep frying them.
I found this recipe and I have actually made these, and they were to die for!
 
 
Mom, can we make these again? Please?
You can have two of these for 61 calories.
They were the best 61 calories I ever spent.
 
Deep fried pickles:
 
 
 
I'm not a big pickle fan but when they are deep fried and with a yummy dipping sauce then I'm your girl.
but of course, just about anything deep fried isn't good for you so I found a recipe. (: 
She doesn't have the calories but I wouldn't think they was very high and if you make them you could figure them out.
 
 
What's another food that when you are on a diet that you think would be impossible to eat a healthy verison of?
Cheese fries.
You can get an order at Outback Steakhouse for the price of  2,132 calories.
(They do look delicious though...)
You could share it with six people for 356 calories a serving
 
OR
 
You could make these Skinny Texas Cheese Fries
It makes two servings.
So you could eat one serving for 259 calories
They also look a little better then then the Outback ones.
 
 
 

Cheese Sticks!

Who doesn't like a crispy, cheesy, deep fried stick of yummy goodness?!?!
 
You could have cheese sticks at Chili's for 1,210 calories.
 
OR
 
 
 
You could have two of these for 86 calories!
 
 
 
 
There are lots of food that you could make hear is a list:
Grilled Shrimp
Grilled Chicken on a stick 
Chicken Quesdillas
Healthy Pot stickers
Chili
Chicken Chili
Guacamole/Salsa/Hummus
Sweet Potato Tots
Pigs in a blanket
The think is that you can eat just about anything you want, just small amounts or count your calories!
 
And I know that are some people on the Super Bowl that just doesn't have time to cook, What you need is to find a healthy alternative in a frozen food and here is what I suggest.
 

 
All of the Alexia Foods are low calorie.
You can have five spicy potato bites for 220.
and they also have Onion rings, Sweet potato fries, Breads.
 
And before I go, here are to recipes I had to share that I thought you would enjoy!
 
 
 
 
 
 
I hope everybody has a amazing Super Bowl Sunday and sticks to there new lifestyles and eats some healthy and awesome food! (:
 
 
*I do not own any of these pictures or recipes.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment